Welcome to 2023!
It's the new year and as we come back into school, hopefully re-energised and ready for the term ahead, this feels like a good time to look at what we have planned at Firefly.
Last November Ben Dunford, Head of Product at Firefly spoke at the Firefly Virtual Roadshow to give everyone an insight into Product Development at Firefly. During his talk, Ben spoke about:
- The Product Roadmap
- Recent feature updates
- The process of development planning at Firefly
- What’s next - looking ahead to 2023
The Firefly roadmap can be found on the Firefly Help Centre and this outlines what we are working on and have recently released.
Recent releases to Firefly products include:
- Changes to Firefly’s look to improve accessibility and usability. These include changes to the way schools can brand their site, as well as the navigation structure within Firefly. You can also go and see what these new changes would look like for your school.
- We have also added some new features to Epraise, such as Activities Management, the ability to archive messages in Epraise and added Single Sign On with Firefly.
- Finally we have added the ability filter by contact type in SchoolPost so that schools can select contacts according to their relationship with a student.
Looking ahead to 2023, Ben talked about some of the features and developments that we are working on. Amongst other things, we will be looking at:
- Improvements to the Firefly apps, so that logging in is simpler and there are more native features within the apps themselves.
- Changes in SchoolPost to the way that schools can manage self-suppression lists so that it is easier for schools to make sure that everyone gets the messages they need.
- Further development of MIS integrations so that schools can fully leverage the data they have within Firefly products.
- Changes to student profile pages in Firefly so that parents have more information about their child in one place.
- Further improvements to the user experience in Firefly products, including further branding options to make every Firefly site feel unique to the school.
If you would like to find out more about our Roadmap for the year ahead then you can always see Ben’s talk, on the Firefly website. Alternatively, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we are always happy to talk to you!
In the meantime, we are all looking forward to an exciting 2023 and would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a healthy, safe and prosperous new year.