We're looking for a Senior front-end developer to help us build beautiful high performing interfaces for Firefly on the web.
Senior Front End Developer
Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company, used by hundreds of leading schools around the world.
We enable teachers, students and parents to learn more together, giving teachers more time to focus on what matters most - teaching - and letting students learn in ways that work best for them.
In late 2016 we received the largest Series A funding for an EdTech company in the UK, and we plan to double in size over the next 12 months. 75% of that growth is in the technology team
About the job
Firefly is currently looking to hire a talented and passionate Senior Front End Developer to join the growing team and help to create an amazing high performing web application for Firefly.
The codebase has been growing organically for years and now we are in the process of setting new directions, using latest technologies and implementing best practices. Joining now means that you will have a say in the larger technical decisions that we are making.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for your career, as you will be joining early on, while the team is still small and have an opportunity to move into a more lead position as we continue to grow our team throughout the year.
- Work alongside other Front End developers, UX researchers, Visual Designers, iOS Developers and Back End Developers as part of a cross-discipline squad
- Discuss, plan and build new features using HTML, Less CSS, ES6, React and Redux
- Collaborate with designers and other Front End Developers to deliver consistent, maintainable and reusable UI
- Mentor less senior developers
- Encourage the use of best practices and workflows
Skills / Requirements
- Strong understanding of front end coding best practices and modern techniques
- Understanding of general programming principles
- Ability to write clean JS, CSS and HTML code with and without frameworks
- Basic knowledge of ES6
- Unit testing
- Less CSS or SASS or other CSS processor
- TDD or BDD
- Mocha, chai
- Agile development
- UX and visual design skills
- C#, .NET
- Gulp, Webpack
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas)
- £1000 training budget per year
- Discounted gym
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee option scheme
- Monday lunch and fresh fruit daily