Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company that brings teachers, students and parents together. We’re used by hundreds of leading schools globally, and have offices in the UK and Sydney. We are currently growing our team.
We’re on the lookout for a talented QA Lead to build our QA processes and QA team as our business grows. You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Technology and working closely with the larger development team including PMs, product managers, designers, front-end and back-end developers and testers.
- Build, develop and mentor a small, fast growing QA team.
- Lead the transformation of testing into a continuous and efficient end-to-end engineering function through the use of quality processes, tools, and methodologies significantly improving control, accuracy and integrity.
- Oversee the quality of your team’s deliverables and be responsible for driving process improvements.
- Design and implement test automation frameworks, develop automated tests that are integrated into CI/CD pipeline.
- Monitor systems post-implementation to verify that acceptance standards are met.
- Promote the creation of thorough test plans to ensure programs are executing according to recognized test standards, business and technical requirements.
- Maintain traceability, version control and configuration management of all test objects developed
- Working closely with your peer team leaders to plan and ensure the completeness and consistency of our testing across the product. Report progress and provide test metrics to the larger technology team
- Leadership experience of small-medium sized and fast growing teams
- Strong software design, OOP and database system experience
- Knowledgeable in TDD/BDD methodologies and trade-offs
- Be well versed in software engineering tools and best practices
- Proficiency in test architecture, design and implementation, including setting up test automation frameworks from scratch
- In depth knowledge of Exploratory testing techniques, Rapid software testing and Session based testing, testing heuristics
- Project management methodologies; Agile, Lean etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in building complex web/mobile testing platforms
- Development experience in one or more of the following: C#, Objective C, SQL, Java, HTML/CSS/JS.
- Significant experience of automated test approaches and Page Object design pattern
- Test automation experience using C#, VSTS, nUnit or similar.
- Test Automation in Selenium WebDriver, Appium
- Knowledge of Cucumber, Espresso or similar
- Mobile App testing experience for iOS and Android devices
- Project/Issue tracking using Jira or similar tools
- CI Tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Circle CI or similar
- Cloud infrastructure like AWS, Digital Ocean or similar
- Cloud testing solutions like BrowserStack, SauceLabs, TestingBot, AWS Device farm etc
- Experience in automated API testing
- Specific Front-End frameworks (such as react+redux)
- Products that run on the cloud (Azure/AWS)
- Application and database performance optimisation (benchmarking/tracing/profiling)
- Scripting and task automation (automated builds, deployment, CI)
- Release management
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas)
- £1000 training budget per year
- Discounted gym
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee option scheme