Junior Scrum Master (1 year Maternity Cover) - London
Firefly is an online tool that brings together teachers, students and parents. Set homework, track progress, share resources and engage parents.
It all started at school—two students who wanted to build a better system to support their learning and did. It worked and Joe and Simon are still running the business today.
We're a fast growing business with a rapidly developing product. We're passionate about growing in a way that benefits our existing clients as much as appealing to new ones.
Every year, we re-invest significantly in our team. The Firefly team is made up of a mixture of expert technologists, teachers, designers, support specialists and account managers. It's that combination we think helps us to understand our schools better.
We enjoy writing and supporting software that teachers, students and parents enjoy using. By focusing on education, we can make sure that Firefly has just the features they need without the distraction of the ones they don’t. A lot of our best ideas we get from the people at the schools we serve and stay in close contact with as we continue to develop the product.
Although we've got schools using Firefly across the world, we're proudly based in London and Sydney. Find out more about our story and our values on our website.
We're looking for a Scrum Master to join our product team on a 1 year fixed term Maternity cover contract. Our SaaS product encompasses a web app, as well as integrated native apps for iOS and Android.
At Firefly we strongly believe in building the features that provide most value to our users rather than implementing as many features as possible. This role would be a critical in ensuring that the right balance between quality and quantity is achieved.
You will be primarily responsible for managing the delivery of product improvements via our multi-disciplinary project teams in a timely and predictable manner, reporting to our Head of Product.
- Deliver on our product roadmap
- Introduce improvements to our current Agile process
- Coach the team on new practices introduced in the product life cycle
- Help develop clear estimates on expected delivery times
- Hold the team to deadlines and coordinate launch dates
- Remove obstacles or blockers to progress
- Track and report on progress
- Facilitate communications and collaboration between product manager developers, designers and our support team
- Run fast, effective, energising daily stand ups, sprint planning, backlog refinement meetings and retrospectives
- Experience as a scrum master for digital products
- An understanding of the wider digital landscape
- Experience in an Agile, iterative development environment utilising project tracking tools
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Strong estimation and budget scoping skills
- Excellent project foresight and ability to intervene before problems happen
- Collaborative approach to working
- Competitive salary
- 3% pension contributions
- 25 days holiday
- £1000 training budget per year
- Discounted gym
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
Please just give us a few details online, or if you have any questions feel free to get in touch for an informal chat. If you're interested, or you know anyone who might be, we'd love to hear from you.