Head of Product
Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company, used by hundreds of leading schools around the world and recognised by Tech Nation’s Future Fifty programme as one of the most exciting growing tech companies in the UK.
We are venture backed, having raised £4.5m from BGF Ventures and Beringea and are ambitious about supercharging the school experience for as many students as possible around the world.
We enable teachers, students and parents to learn more together, giving teachers more time to focus on what matters most - teaching - and letting students learn in ways that work best for them. All while helping parents to understand much better what’s going on at school and how they can support their child.
About the role
The Firefly product is central to our success as a business. The Head of Product role ensures we build a cutting edge product that our students, teachers and parents love using.
The role manages our product team of product managers, who themselves are instrumental, working closely with the squad engineering leads, in leading our cross-disciplinary squads.
Reporting directly to a founder and being an integral member of the senior leadership team, the candidate will be expected to work with other functional leaders to help shape the wider strategy of the business and ensure we are helping each other achieve our goals.
- Building a product vision and strategy
- Communicating the product vision and strategy to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborating closely with engineering and design leadership
- Collaborating closely with marketing (inc. product marketing), client experience and sales leadership
- Recruitment, management and development of the product team
- Contributing to company strategy as member of senior leadership team
Skills / requirements
- Previous product leadership experience including managing product managers
- Experience working in an environment with distributed ownership and cross functional teams/squads
- Mastery of the full scope of product management
- Experience working on a B2B product
- Experience working in a VC/investor funded fast growth environment
- Experience and comfort using data to drive metrics/KPIs to help shape prioritisation
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas)
- £1000 training budget per year
- Discounted gym
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee option scheme
- Monday lunch and fresh fruit daily