Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company that brings teachers, students and parents together. We’re used by hundreds of leading schools globally, and have offices in the UK and Sydney. We are currently growing our team.
Firefly is currently looking to hire a talented and passionate Lead Front-End Developer to line manage and grow our Front-End developers. You will be reporting directly to our Head of Engineering, but working closely with our Product, Design and Development teams to ensure the interfaces the squads build are maintainable, beautiful and performant.
We operate a squad system at Firefly and our Front-End tech stack comprises of cutting edge technologies such as React, Redux, ES6, Webpack, CSS Modules, Radium, Jest, Flow, etc. as well as some legacy jQuery, XSLT and LESS which we are transitioning away from. This role will help champion and support that journey.
- Grow, mentor and line manage the Front-End team across multiple squads.
- Own recruitment of new team members.
- Help the Front-End team learn and collaborate across the squads.
- Work closely with the Product, Design and Back-End development teams to help build and prioritise the product roadmap.
- Own the Front-End architecture.
- Oversee the quality of your team’s deliverables and be responsible for driving improvements.
- The ability to technically lead Front-End teams, create a culture of engineering excellence, and be passionate about best practices and knowledge sharing
- Strong software design, OOP and database system experience
- Experience of mentoring and coaching all levels of Front-End Developers
- Be well versed in software engineering tools and best practices
- Good understanding of unit testing
- Knowledgeable in TDD/BDD methodologies and trade-off
- Project management methodologies; Agile, Lean etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in building complex web/mobile applications
- Commercial experience with React, Redux and ES6
- Knowledge of Cucumber, Espresso or similar
- Good understanding of Unit Testing
- Project/Issue tracking using Jira or similar tools
- CI Tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Circle CI or similar
- Cloud infrastructure like AWS, Azure, Digital Ocean or similar
- Leadership experience of small-medium sized and fast growing teams
- Development experience in one or more of the following:
- Objective C
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas)
- £1000 training budget per year
- Discounted gym
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee option scheme