Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company that brings teachers, students and parents together. We’re used by hundreds of leading schools globally, and have offices in the UK and Sydney. We are currently growing our team.
Firefly’s web application are available to hundreds of thousands of students and their teachers and parents, enhancing their school experience by allowing them to view learning resources, submit assignments, receive feedback and communicate with teachers.
Firefly is looking to hire a talented and passionate Lead Front End Developer to line manage and grow our Front End developers. You will be reporting directly to our Head of Engineering, but working closely with our Product, Design and Development teams to ensure the interfaces the squads build are maintainable, beautiful and performant.
We operate an autonomous squad system at Firefly and our Front End tech stack comprises cutting edge technologies such as React, Redux, ES6, Webpack, CSS Modules, Radium, and Jest. We use a component library to deliver a themable interface used by thousands of teachers and students every day.
- Grow, mentor and line manage the Front End team across multiple squads.
- Create a culture of engineering excellence and drive best practises and knowledge sharing within Front End.
- Own recruitment of new team members.
- Help the Front End team learn and collaborate across the squads.
- Own Front End architecture and technical strategy.
- Oversee the quality of your team’s deliverables and be responsible for driving improvements.
- Experience in building and maintaining complex web applications
- Experience in building UI pattern/component libraries
- Strong software design and architecture experience
- Leadership experience of small-medium sized and fast growing teams, with mentorship of different levels of front end developers
- Experience with one or more modern Front End frameworks (e.g. React, VueJS, Angular)
- Good understanding of Unit Testing and supporting libraries (Jest, Mocha or similar)
- Build tools (Webpack/Rollup/Gulp or similar)
- Cloud infrastructure like AWS, Azure, Digital Ocean or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with React, Redux, ES6, CSS in JS
- Understanding of Web Accessibility
- CI Tools like Jenkins, Octopus or similar
- Development experience in one or more of the following:
- Project/Issue tracking using Jira or similar tools
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas)
- £1000 training budget per year
- Discounted gym
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee option scheme