Front End Developer
Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company, used by hundreds of leading schools around the world.
We enable teachers, students and parents to learn more together, giving teachers more time to focus on what matters most - teaching - and letting students learn in ways that work best for them.
About the job
Firefly is currently looking to hire a talented and passionate Front End Developer to join the growing team and help to create an amazing and highly performant web application for Firefly.
The codebase has been growing organically for years and now we are in the process of setting new directions, using latest technologies and implementing best practices. Joining now means that you will have a say in the larger technical decisions that we are making.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for your career, as you will be joining early on, while the team is still small and have an opportunity to move into a more senior role with more responsibilities.
- Work alongside other Front End developers, UX researchers, Visual Designers, iOS Developers and Back End Developers as part of a cross-discipline squad
- Discuss, plan and build new features using HTML, SASS, CSS Modules, ES6, React, Redux, Flow, Jest, Webpack
- Collaborate with designers and other Front End Developers to deliver consistent, maintainable and reusable UI
- Learn, use and suggest best practices and workflows
Skills / Requirements
- Good understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 best practices and modern techniques
- React.js experience
- Ability to write clean code
- Unit testing
- SASS or other CSS processor
- Ability to communicate and work well with teammates from other disciplines
- TDD or BDD
- Agile development
- UX and visual design skills
- C#, .NET