Cloud Infrastructure Team Lead
Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company that brings teachers, students and parents together. We’re used by hundreds of leading schools globally, and have offices in the UK and Sydney. We are currently growing our team.
We’re on the lookout for a talented Infrastructure Lead or Systems Administrator looking to make that step up. This is a really exciting opportunity to help shape our future in the Cloud and build a world class infrastructure team as the business grows. You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Engineering and working closely with our current Infrastructure Administrator, as well the wider business including the Engineering and Customer Experience teams.
- Lead our migration to the Cloud, designing and evolving our target infrastructure and migrating customers onto that infrastructure.
- Provide technical leadership for infrastructure development and support.
- Develop and mentor a small, but perfectly formed Infrastructure team.
- Oversee the quality of teams delivery and drive process improvements where necessary.
- Work closely with the Software engineering team to develop and evolve a deployment and maintenance strategy for our core software.
- Ensure high availability of services by monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of current hardware in-line with expected performance, security guidelines and business requirements.
- Consolidate, manage and reduce cost to serve through scaleable service implementation.
- Manage third party suppliers to ensure the Infrastructure is developed with the appropriate levels of resilience, minimising single points of failure.
- Maintain transparency, traceability, and configuration management of all software infrastructure.
- Working closely with your peer technology chapter leads to plan and ensure the completeness and consistency of environments across our software landscape.
- Report progress and provide performance metrics to the larger technology team.
- Provide internal support where necessary through appropriate escalation.
- You have excellent hands on technical experience of managing Window and Linux servers.
- You have excellent technical knowledge of cloud technologies and platforms.
- You have leadership experience of small-medium sized and fast growing teams.
- You have excellent knowledge of the challenges faced when providing web application infrastructure.
- You have strong security awareness and exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- You are well versed in software engineering deployment tools and best practices.
- You are comfortable reporting progress, and giving excellent visibility of your work.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are willing to get stuck in when necessary, supporting other teams in times of need and escalation.
- AWS services, setup and administration
- Strong experience designing infrastructure for and deploying to Azure.
- Powershell Scripting
- Linux Scripting
- Administration of MySQL and MSSQL
- Administration of Office 365
- Good knowledge of DNS administration
- Networking, firewalls, traffic and load management
- Windows Server, IIS, Window CLI, Scheduled tasks
- Linux, Apache, BIND, Postfix
- Project Management Skills (Prince 2 certification).
- Knowledge and experience of DevOps (Agile) and/or Service Management (ITIL).
- Experience with monitoring tools and log management such as Zabbix or New Relic.
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas)
- £1000 training budget per year
- Discounted gym
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee option scheme