Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company that brings teachers, students and parents together. We’re used by hundreds of leading schools globally, and have offices in the UK and Sydney. We are currently growing our team.
We’re on the lookout for a talented android developer. You will be taking on an existing codebase for our Student app that until now has been developed by an external agency. You will have the drive and passion to learn the codebase and maintain a clean, well structured architecture while developing new features. Initially you will be reporting to the Mobile team lead and working closely with developers from the Back End and Front End as well as Design, Product and QA teams.
- Manage and maintain the Android codebase as initially the sole Android developer.
- Development of new features, extend and improve the existing codebase, participate in design sessions and occasionally fix existing bugs.
- Actively participate and contribute to the agile ceremonies and team activities.
- Write maintainable code and knows when to use appropriate design patterns
- Work closely with our designers to produce an accurate user interface
- Familiar with automated testing techniques
- Experience developing web APIs using WCF or any other industry standard tech
- Knowledge of integrating external software and components
- Keen to learn new technologies and not afraid of working with front-end code from time to time
- Demonstrable experience in Java
- Full understanding of the Android application lifecycle and in-depth experience with Fragments
- Appreciation of Android-specific asynchronous processing techniques
- Experience in web APIs development
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong OO design skills
- Agile principles
- Experience in Kotlin
- Swift/Objective C experience
- Scripting and task automation (automated builds, deployment, CI)
- Personal apps on the play store
- Experience with Github
- Experience with C#
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas)
- £1000 training budget per year
- Discounted gym
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee option scheme
- Monday lunch and fresh fruit daily