Most technology in education is not built for the modern learning experience. It’s complex, unpredictable and no two classes are ever the same. Teachers waste time on non-teaching activities and they find it difficult to collaborate with other teachers. At Firefly, we’re freeing teachers to have a greater impact on the learning experience. Firefly allows teachers to innovate and cater to each student’s needs, preparing all students for success in the future.
How you can help
We have a new opportunity for an enthusiastic, hands on Office Coordinator. You will be an integral part in ensuring that our office operations run smoothly. As well as this you will be responsible for supporting our Leadership team with other business activities. This includes our two Founding Partners and the wider Leadership Team.
We want to work with someone who:
- Is friendly and approachable, who will build great relationships with teams all around the business.
- A proactive individual who is well organised.
- Is a clear and confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Has a flexible approach to work with the ability to multitask and reprioritise as required
- Operates with a positive, solutions focused attitude
- Ability to work to your own initiative and as part of a team
- Exceptional attention to detail
Day to day:
- You will be the first point of contact for all office related queries.
- You will be the first point of contact for all external guests visiting the team.
- Responsibility for maintaining a tidy and safe office environment.
- You will be responsible for the office induction for all new hires and ensuring and the collection of business possessions when employees leave the business.
- You will own the set up of weekly team meetings, ensuring a recording is provided for the Australian team.
- You will be responsible for the quarterly team meetings, ensuring a suitable venue (if appropriate) and a recording for the Australian team.
- You will be responsible for the organisation of the Firefly summer and Christmas parties.
- Assisting the Leadership team with the planning of away days including venue, accommodation and refreshments.
- Assist the Founding Partners and the wider Leadership Team with any administration, travel bookings they may require.
- Minuting of meetings as and when required.
- Assist the People Team with any Ad Hoc administration that might arise.
- You will be responsible for any office set-up or moves as the business grows and matures.
You’ll be joining the People team working alongside our People Advisor and Head of People. However this role will work across functions supporting the Leadership team, and also the wider Firefly team.