Finance Assistant - London - 6 months fixed contract
Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company used by hundreds of leading schools globally that brings teachers, students and parents together.
We’ve recently closed a £4.5m VC investment round, and are now looking for a Management Accountant / Analyst to help us continue our exponential growth. As a key member of the finance team, reporting to the Head of Finance, you’ll assume a key role in ensuring in the financial management and reporting in the company.
As the third hire into our Finance team, you will work with Management Accountant to ensure overall effective financial management and reporting as well as actively contributing towards the financial planning and strategic growth of the business. You’ll support the Management Accountant and the Head of Finance with information, analysis and recommendations.
You’ll play an important role in influencing the ability of the finance team to provide timely and accurate information to the Management Team.
You will working with the Management Accountant:
- Establish & implement the monthly Balance Sheet Account reconciliation process.
- Recording within Xero supplier invoices
- Lodge customer cheques in the Bank in a timely manner
- Prepare BACS payment lists weekly for the Management accountant to make payment
- Work with the Management accountant to implement a debt collection process to enable the company to reduce its Debtors days to agreed upon targets
- Update the CRM to reflect payments received on a daily basis
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliations as part of the month end process
- Work with the Management Accountant to ensure all systems maintenance of XERO, FLOWREV, APPROVAL MAX and CHASER are done on a timely basis
- Ensure that XERO has up todate and accurate information on our customers and suppliers
- Assist the Management Accountant in establishing relevant and accurate Departmental Accounts to be circulated on a monthly basis
- Be proactive in issue identification and resolutions
- Prepare adhoc reports and deal with adhoc queries as and when required
- Work with the Management accountant to streamline the month end closing process.
- Studying towards an accounting qualification
- High levels of integrity and dependability, taking responsibility for commercial issues and seeing them through to completion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines
- Proactive and positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Enjoy a changing environment and working cross-functionally
- Very strong IT skills (including development of models in Excel) and enthusiasm for transformational technology
We offer a competitive salary and a variety of benefits including 3% pension contributions, 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas), flexible training budget each year, discounted gym, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.