Firefly Learning is the ed-tech SaaS platform for parent engagement and learning continuity, trusted by over 600 of the best and most successful schools in over 40 countries. Firefly’s secure, collaborative platform simplifies school communications, lesson management and progress tracking to engage the whole school community and ensures that everyone can keep learning, whatever the circumstances. (www.fireflylearning.com).
Firefly is investing to scale and acquiring new school customers is at the heart of this, therefore we are looking for an additional Sales Development Representative (SDR). This new role presents an exciting opportunity to have a significant impact on the success of Firefly and provides a progression path to other customer facing roles within our business.
The role will suit an outgoing individual with passion for education and helping schools to engage their parents and support their students. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Sales Development (based UK), and be a key member of the wider sales teams across UK, Europe, Middle East, APAC and Australia.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities within our target markets
- Achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly activity goals
- Take ownership of progressing allocated leads through to opportunities, swiftly and effectively
- Establish strong, value-driven relationships with your target prospects by acting as a trusted advisor to Firefly’s value proposition
- Play an active part in the sales development strategy by contributing and supporting sales and marketing initiatives
- Work closely with the sales team to accelerate sales cycle and reach target accounts
- Proactively improve your sales development techniques through continuous professional development
- Continually improve your knowledge of the markets across your territory market
- Ensure your value-centric product knowledge is up to date
- Respond and resolve allocated inbound leads efficiently and within internal SLAs
- Make targeted outbound calls, emails and social media communications to evangelise and educate prospects on the value of Firefly
- Carry out structured, needs-analysis ‘discovery calls’ to identify and communicate the appropriate Firefly value proposition
- Make meticulous notes on prospect research and qualification, enter this into the CRM and share with the assigned Schools Development Consultant to enhance the sales process
- Book meetings between prospects and Firefly Schools Development Consultants, managing the setting, confirmation and follow-up of these
- Record all notes, research and activity in the CRM and diligently keep records up to date
- Support Marketing efforts by driving attendance to our regular schedule of events
- Undertake associated administration tasks as required
- Carry out data research, building and regular maintenance as required
Skills and Qualities
- You can demonstrate ambition and the desire to succeed at your goals
- You have strong organisational skills with a focus on high standards of work and professionalism
- You can work both independently and within a team
- You embrace any technology that supports your work
- You’re comfortable making outbound calls to both cold contacts and warm prospects
- You’re adept at using research tools, social media for professional purposes and CRM systems
- You have a confident and professional telephone manner
- You maintain high standards of written and spoken English
- You’re an excellent listener
- You’re resilient at handling objections
- You’re highly motivated and robustly persistent in the face of rejection
- You actively look to improve your sales development skills by undertaking professional development
- You prioritise activities that help you meet your goals
- You take responsibility for your work
- You actively support colleagues, across all relevant departments, to the betterment of the business
- Prior business or sales development experience in a B2B, education or public sector market is required (at least 6 months)
Our employee benefits include: Bupa health insurance (50% premium contribution), cycle-to-work scheme, travel loans, gym discounts, enhanced parental leave, 4% pension contributions, and 25 days holiday (exclusive of bank holidays) plus 3 additional days for Christmas shutdown. Please see our careers page for a full list of employee benefits.
Firefly Learning is the ed-tech SaaS platform for parent engagement and learning continuity, trusted by over 600 of the best and most successful schools in over 40 countries. Firefly’s secure, collaborative platform simplifies school communications, lesson management and progress tracking to engage the whole school community and ensures that everyone can keep learning, whatever the circumstances. After raising the largest Series A in UK edtech of £4.5m (SG$9m) in 2017, we closed a further £5.5m ($SG$11m) equity round in January 2019 and are proudly backed by BGF, Downing Ventures, and Beringea. With 1.2 billion primary and secondary school students in the world, we are passionate about supercharging the school experience to help as many of them as possible fulfill their potential. (www.fireflylearning.com).