Most technology in education is not built for the modern learning experience. It’s complex, unpredictable and no two classes are ever the same. Teachers waste time on non-teaching activities and they find it difficult to collaborate with other teachers. At Firefly, we’re freeing teachers to have a greater impact on the learning experience. Firefly allows teachers to innovate and cater to each student’s needs, preparing all students for success in the future.
How you can help
We have a new opportunity for two enthusiastic Sales Development Representatives. This role directly contributes to our growth as the successful candidate will be responsible for contacting schools and booking meetings for our sales team.
We want to work with someone who:
- Is confident in contacting and communicating with school leaders and other stakeholders.
- Is comfortable making outbound calls to both cold contacts and warm prospects, with a confident and professional telephone manner.
- Is highly motivated and persistent in the face of objection.
- Demonstrates the required ambition to meet and exceed activity and performance targets.
- Has strong organisational skills with a focus on high standards of professionalism.
- Has the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Is able to prioritise activities that enable them to meet their goals.
- Embraces technology and methods that support their work.
- Is adept at using email, phone and social media for prospecting, networking and professional communication.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities within our target markets.
- Achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly performance goals.
- Take ownership of progressing cold leads through to qualified leads, swiftly and effectively.
- Establish strong, value-driven relationships with your target prospects by acting as a trusted advisor to Firefly’s value proposition.
- Play an active part in the sales development strategy by contributing and supporting sales and marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with the sales team to accelerate the sales cycle and reach target accounts.
- Proactively improve your sales development techniques through continuous professional development.
- Continually improve your knowledge of the markets across your territory market
- Ensure your value-centric product knowledge is up to date.
- Is looking to improve their current sales development skills by undertaking professional development.
- Research and qualify prospects, entering meticulous notes in the CRM.
- Make targeted outbound calls, emails and use social media to evangelise and educate prospects on the value of Firefly.
- Carry out structured, needs-analysis ‘discovery calls’ to qualified prospects’ requirements.
- Book and manage meetings for schools and the Firefly Sales team
- Respond and resolve allocated inbound leads effectively and within internal SLAs.
- Record all notes in the CRM and diligently keep records up to date.
- Support Marketing efforts by driving attendance to our regular schedule of events.
- Undertake associated administration tasks as required.
- Carry out account research, data building and data maintenance as required.
You’ll be joining a newly formed Sales Development Team within the Firefly Sales Team. This role is pivotal to the continued growth and success of Firefly.