Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech startup that brings teachers, students and parents together using our SaaS platform to improve teaching and learning in schools. We’re used by hundreds of leading schools around the world, and already have offices in the UK, Sydney and Singapore.
Firefly has built up a prestigious list of schools around the world who love using our product. Our current focus in on continuing to scale and further internationalising our business building on the strong brand and product we already have. Acquiring new customers is at the heart of that and we are now looking to hire our first Head of Sales Development to support that effort and ensure we are operating effectively and continuing to improve our ways of working across our global operations.
Reporting directly to our Head of Sales you will take on the role of leading the evolution of our sales development capability globally. This will span everything from defining the hiring profile, building the organisation and evolving tools and ways of working to hit our goals and stay ahead in our market.
Sales Development is both an engine for new business and new talent. To that end we are looking for someone equally at home with process and tools as with inspiring and coaching other to be their best. Many of our future superstars will likely join your team and be coached by you as they embark on their career with Firefly.
Our business model is largely focussed on telesales and field sales channels supported by a mix of inbound and outbound demand generation activity. This role will require comfort with driving growth in this environment and in partnering closely with sales and marketing to make it happen.
Driving daily operations in line with goals and understanding and driving improvements in process and tools are key elements of this role. You will have the space and receive the encouragement to drive us to operate as effectively as possible with a view that technology can be a powerful tool in driving efficient outcomes.
Hitting current goals and ensuring the foundations keep evolving to meet our future needs is vital. Your ability to stay informed on company strategy and build a plan to support it long term is necessary.
- You will bring experience of working in Sales Development in a high growth, technology led business. Ideally as a proven manager although we will consider experienced Sales Development team members who are ready to move up and can demonstrate a broad understanding of the leadership role.
- Wil understand what good looks like. Your prior experience has given you exposure to best in class tools and ways of working and you will know what you need to build. Experience gained from seeing this in more than one organisation that has given you a perspective will be particularly well regarded.
- An ability to inspire and motivate and lead with passion, energy and conviction wil be evident in your personality and how you carry yourself. You are driven but not a dreamer, able to balance energy and high expectations with the humility and confidence that you can get things done because you know what is required
- You will be excited to join a category defining company who is on track to be a global Edtech leader. You may be inspired by education or by joining a fast growing startup.
- You will be smart. Able to learn quickly and stay one step ahead and secure respect from your team and colleagues as a subject matter expert on sales and personal development.
- Our business is evolving fast and comfort with ambiguity and the mental agility to keep ahead are key.
- You can demonstrate leadership in prior roles. This is not necessarily about leading people although that is beneficial but its about leading the charge. You can see things before they happen and drive change to embrace opportunity. You are not a person who needs to be told what to do or who learns by rote, you can master first principles and use your intellect and experience to navigate the right course.
- We are open to candidates with diverse backgrounds. If you have different experience then please help us understand how it would map to our needs in your application. If you are in doubt please apply.
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas)
- £1000 training budget per year
- Discounted gym
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee option scheme
- Monday lunch and fresh fruit daily