Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company, used by hundreds of leading schools around the world and recognised by Tech Nation’s Future Fifty programme as one of the most exciting growing tech companies in the UK.
We are venture backed, having recently raised an Series B investment £5m from BGF Ventures, Beringea and Downing and are ambitious about supercharging the school experience for as many students as possible around the world.
We enable teachers, students and parents to learn more together, giving teachers more time to focus on what matters most - teaching - and letting students learn in ways that work best for them. All while helping parents to understand much better what’s going on at school and how they can support their child.
We are looking for a Head of Partnerships who has a passion about education and the Firefly mission, and wants to be part of helping us to achieve it.
You will be responsible for formalising Firefly’s partnership strategy to support our business growth plans. This will include improving and strengthening our existing partner relations, but also identifying new and exciting partnerships. We expect that you will be the eyes and ears of the business within the EdTech community, and identify potential investment and partnership opportunities through this.
Alleviating internal resource from the leadership team, you will report directly into one of our Founding Partners. You will work closely across all teams but especially with our Product and Sales Teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement Firefly’s partner strategy leading to the successful recruitment, engagement and retention of partners across key geographies, such as the UK, Middle East and Asia.
- Plan and prioritise personal activities and prospect contacts to achieve agreed business aims & targets.
- Contribute to sales, marketing and product strategy where relevant.
- Identify new partners that align to strategic aims and/or new market growth.
- Oversee integration of partner platforms/apps into Firefly.
- Maintain and develop existing and new partnerships through appropriate propositions and ethical approaches, to identify and optimise quality of service, business growth, and retention of partner relations.
- Respond to and follow up partnership enquiries
- Monitor and report on market activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally to facilitate the development of profitable and sustainable business relationships
- Attend and present at external partner meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Strong account management skills
- Strong project management skills: finisher-completer
- Can hold their own in the educational landscape of schools and business
- Deep understanding of education technology
- Existing established industry network
- Cultural and ethical business fit
- Aptitude for building meaningful relationships
- Background in contract negotiation
- Strong commercial acumen and business judgement
Specific Job Skills:
- Able to communicate and motivate effectively via written media; competent writer of business correspondence and proposals.
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
- Understands the principles of sales including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling.
- Able to demonstrate success and experience managing major accounts
- Must be adept in use of all aspects of IT and have an excellent understanding of technologies used in education.
- At least a basic understanding of software development terms and methodologies
- Able to understand basic business finance, e.g. gross margin percentages and calculations
- Highly motivated, results-oriented and have a clear focus on business growth
- Tenacious and proactive, articulate and numerate and able to work both as part of a team and under their own initiative.
- Positive in outlook with a willingness to support and aid colleagues and customers
- Credible with a professional demeanour, comfortable in dealing with people at all levels
- A team player with strong and empathetic communication skills; having the ability to see things from all people’s points of view – both within the team and when working with external parties
- Well-presented, business-like and keen to gain new experiences, responsibilities and accountabilities as the company continues its growth