Permanent - Full Time, UK based
Firefly Learning is the EdTech SaaS platform for parent engagement and learning continuity, trusted by c.1,000 of the best and most successful schools in over 40 countries. Firefly’s secure, collaborative platform simplifies school communications, lesson management and progress tracking to engage the whole school community and ensures that everyone can keep learning, whatever the circumstances. (www.fireflylearning.com).
Firefly is investing to scale and acquiring new school customers is at the heart of this, therefore we are looking for an experienced UK Sales Consultant / Business Development Manager. This new role presents an exciting opportunity to have a significant impact on the success of Firefly in our expanding footprint. The role will suit an ambitious individual with passion for education to help schools engage their parents, support their students and reduce teacher workload. Based in the UK, you will develop relationships with school MATs (Multi Academy Trusts), state schools and independent schools, alongside identifying and developing reseller partners.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Revenue Officer (based UK), and will be a key member of the wider sales teams across UK, Europe, Middle East, APAC and Australia.
- Will be responsible for selling the Firefly solution to schools and groups of schools in the UK.
- Comfortable with travel (Covid permitting), you will engage schools remotely and in person to generate and close business across a diverse UK market.
- Focus across various functions, define and co-ordinate a focussed Go To Market (GTM) strategy to achieve monthly and annual sales goals.
- Follow up incoming leads and generate new business opportunities working with Sales Development, Marketing and through your own efforts and network.
- Develop and maintain a healthy pipeline of business to support continued expansion.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts to support planning and decision making.
- Work with our existing and new partners to generate business and deliver compelling solutions that support the strategic needs of your customers.
- Synthesise the needs of the market and present clear and compelling inputs to our product teams to inform future capabilities that continue to unlock the market for Firefly.
- Represent Firefly in the market at events and conferences and be an ambassador within our the Education and EdTech markets.
- Act as a senior member of the commercial team, supporting colleagues across Customer Success, Sales Development Representatives and Support functions.
- Minimum of 5 Years EdTech sales experience, ideally with deep knowledge and contacts within MATs (Multi Academy Trusts)
- Proven record of outperforming sales targets
- SaaS (Software as a Service) sales experience
- Reseller / Channel sales experience and relationships, ideally within Microsoft resellers
- Experience using CRM (ideally Salesforce)
- You will be excited to join a category defining company who is on track to be a global EdTech leader. You may be inspired by education or by joining a fast growing scaleup.
- You will be smart. Able to learn quickly and stay one step ahead and secure respect from your team and colleagues as a subject matter expert on sales and personal development.
- Our business is evolving fast and comfort with ambiguity and the mental agility to keep ahead are key.
- You will have a positive and can-do attitude.
- You can demonstrate leadership in prior roles. This is not necessarily about leading people although that is beneficial but its about leading the charge. You can see things before they happen and drive change to embrace opportunity. You are not a person who needs to be told what to do, you can master first principles and use your intellect and experience to navigate the right course.
- We are open to candidates with diverse backgrounds. If you have different experience then please help us understand how it would map to our needs in your application. If you are in doubt please apply.
- Base + commission OTE = £60k-£70k dependent on experience
Firefly Learning is the EdTech SaaS platform for parent engagement and learning continuity, trusted by c.1,000 of the best and most successful schools in over 40 countries. Firefly’s secure, collaborative platform simplifies school communications, lesson management and progress tracking to engage the whole school community and ensures that everyone can keep learning, whatever the circumstances. After raising the largest Series A in UK EdTech of £4.5m in 2017, we closed a further £5.5m equity round in January 2019 and are proudly backed by BGF, Downing Ventures, and Beringea. With 1.2 billion primary and secondary school students in the world, we are passionate about supercharging the school experience to help as many of them as possible fulfill their potential. (www.fireflylearning.com).