Firefly Learning is looking for a UX Designer to join us in building transformative software for schools.
Reporting to our Head of Design you’ll be working closely with cross-functional teams of designers and developers. UX really is at the core of what we do: Our Head of Product has a long background in UX, and user-centred thinking is encouraged throughout the business.
Our team is still small, so there’s plenty of opportunity to get involved in all aspects of UX, including information architecture, interaction design and user research. You’ll be well supported, and given lots of opportunities to learn, try new methodologies and share your knowledge with the team.
Great attention to detail is a must, we have a complex product and you’ll be expected to create detailed functional specifications. You’ll be working in a highly collaborative environment so you need to be comfortable co-designing with visual designers and developers and making decisions as a team.
You’ll also be expected to spend lots of time with Firefly’s users carrying out interviews, user testing or visiting schools.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your process from concept to delivery
- Experience in user research and a love for usability testing
- Strong information architecture & interaction design skills
- Experience designing across different platforms: Responsive web, iOS and Android
- Able to collaborate closely with designers and developers
- Confident presenting work to colleagues and customers
- Passionate about transforming the future of education
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas)
- £1000 training budget per year
- Discounted gym
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee option scheme
- Monday lunch and fresh fruit daily