Firefly Learning is looking for a Communications Designer to help us evolve our brand and support our Sales and Marketing teams. This is a full time role based in our offices in Hammersmith.
You’ll report to our Head of Design, but your day-to-day role will be based within our marketing department. You will be collaborating on the design of varied marketing activities and campaigns, therefore an understanding of how design can support marketing objectives is essential to this role.
This cross-team role will give you an unique opportunity to help shape both our marketing output and guide brand usage within our products. You will be involved in the full cycle of our creative campaigns, and act as our brand ambassador.
You’ll get to work with some brilliant designers, in a growing, multi-discipline, friendly and supportive team. All designers are involved in weekly design crits where we share work from across the business. This is a chance to share your knowledge by writing blogs, presenting short “brown-bag” style talks, and attending local events and conferences. We seek to support your ongoing development wherever we can.
This is an exciting time to be joining team Firefly, as we’re about to undertake a brand refresh. Alongside your colleagues from design and marketing, you’ll be expected to play a key role in this process, as well as the ongoing maintenance of our brand guidelines.
- Use your expert knowledge of the Firefly brand to produce printed or electronic based collateral that’s distinctive, but feels part of Firefly
- Be part of the optimisation of design on Firefly's digital and offline channels, such as being involved in A/B testing and making design iterations as campaigns evolve
- Have a key role in creating creative campaign briefs, to be executed both internally and by external agencies
- Be proactive and reactive as marketing wider the team's requirements evolve
- Champion the visual brand and its correct use both internally and externally
- Spot opportunities to help others more easily and effectively use the brand
- Manage your own projects and time effectively to deliver designs on time
- Work within software packages, such as Cvent or Marketo, to directly make design adjustments
- Create template designs for things like marketing emails, product communications, etc.
- Ensure that our brand guidelines are up to date and are easy to use both internally and externally
- Collaborate with the other designers on the team on larger communications projects
- Redesign the process for other teams to request new communication design work
Core Skills and Experience
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to both design and effectively use a brand
- Experience creating and managing design work for marketing campaigns
- At least 5 years commercial experience of working in a similar role
- An open and collaborative approach to working across multiple teams
- Experience with dealing with printers, external agencies and freelancers
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Email coding skills
- Experience with online marketing tools, e.g. MailChimp, Cvent or Marketo
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas)
- £1000 training budget per year
- Discounted gym
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee option scheme
- Monday lunch and fresh fruit daily