IT Support Technician
Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company that brings teachers, parents and students together. We’re used by hundreds of leading schools globally, and have offices in the UK and Sydney. We are currently growing our team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our UK based Client Support team. You’ll be reporting directly into the Support Team Lead and will work closely with the wider support and client experience teams. A major focus of this role will be resolving highly technical support cases through investigative troubleshooting both over phone and via E-mail.
The ideal candidate for this role will have 12 months experience within a customer facing and technical support role, preferably supporting an online product within a SAAS (Software as a service) company. Most importantly, we're looking for a fast learner who is both friendly and enthusiastic.
You will be keen to become an expert in the Firefly product software from the perspective of every Firefly user, whether that’s a teacher, student, parent or school network manager. You will be able to quickly get to the route of the problem, suggest answers or identify effective next steps.
We liaise with clients daily via telephone and email ensuring that they take advantage of all that the Firefly software has to offer, answering any questions and resolving any technical issues they may have.
You will be required to:
- resolve client issues by phone, remote session and email, providing high levels of customer service and meeting customer satisfaction goals
- investigate highly technical issues to produce a diagnosis followed by a resolution
- balance customer communication and expectation setting with your investigative work effectively, understanding that customer satisfaction is key
- read and understand complex SQL queries as part of your investigations, while writing simple queries yourself.
- read and understand HTML and CSS to understand front end behaviour
- troubleshoot complex network infrastructure following network requests to diagnose server communication issues
- make effective use of relevant logs to identify points of failure within software operations
- summarise work clearly for escalation to our development team
We're looking for:
- A great problem solver
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work effectively with other individuals, as part of a team, towards a common goal.
- Able to deal with complex technical systems.
Knowledge of the systems below would be an advantage:
- Windows Server Administration
While we aren’t looking for an experienced developer or software engineer, an understanding of programmatic concepts from any development language would be very favourable.
Most importantly, we need someone who is able to work their way through problems using their own research and teaching themselves new technologies where needed. Guidance and training is always available, but you will be expected to drive your own cases forward after initial training and induction.
We offer a competitive salary and participation in our employee option scheme; 3% pension contributions 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas) , £1000 training budget per year, discounted gym, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
How do I apply?
Please just give us a few details online, or if you have any questions feel free to get in touch for an informal chat. If you're interested, or you know anyone who might be, we'd love to hear from you.