Apprentice Client Support Co-ordinator - London
Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company that works to bring Teachers, Parents and Students together, enabling greater collaboration, intuitive workflows and rich resource creation, saving teachers time. We are used by hundreds of leading schools globally, including 8 of the top 10 UK Independent Schools.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to join our Global Support Team based in our London office. As an Apprentice you will receive on the job training involving one to one support as well as spending one day a week at college. This role will develop into a critical frontline role, dealing with client requests via both email and telephone. This role helps to ensure our clients are taking full advantage of what the Firefly product has to offer. You will develop and grow with us to quickly identify client support issues, diagnose the issue, suggest solutions and identify effective next steps.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a team in a industry leading business in customer service. We have an overall customer satisfaction rating of 95%. We recently raised the largest Series A investment in UK EdTech, at £4.5 million, and are growing the Firefly Team.
The Apprenticeship duration is around 18 months in total, but there is possible progression to a full-time permanent position following completion of the apprenticeship.
In this role you will:
- Resolve client issues by phone, remote session and email, providing high levels of customer service and meeting customer satisfaction goals.
- Investigate highly technical issues to produce a diagnosis followed by a resolution.
- Balance customer communication and expectation setting with your investigative work effectively, understanding that customer satisfaction is key.
- Read and understand complex SQL queries as part of your investigations, while writing simple queries yourself.
- Read and understand HTML and CSS to understand Front End behaviour
- Troubleshoot complex network infrastructure following network requests to diagnose server communication issues.
- Make effective use of relevant logs to identify points of failure within software operations.
- Summarise work clearly for escalation to our development team.
We're looking for someone with strong written and telephone communication skills with a confident and professional manner. You will be a good team player able to build upon Firefly's reputation for providing excellent support. You will also be a great problem solver, able to deal with complex technical systems.
Our ideal candidate will be looking to start their apprenticeship with the ambition to move into a technical support role. Previous experience in a position working with customers would be ideal. Most importantly, we're looking for someone friendly, enthusiastic and good at picking up new skills quickly who gets on well in a team and is willing to learn.
Interest to learn the below technologies would be great as this is what the role can involve:
- Windows Server Administration
A passion for programming or understanding how code works in general would also be really useful.
Please just give us a few details online, or if you have any questions feel free to get in touch for an informal chat. If you're interested, or you know anyone who might be, we'd love to hear from you.