We are delighted to announce several significant new Firefly features due for release shortly.
In response to the valuable feedback that we have received from schools since launching success criteria in tasks, we’re making further improvements. Success criteria can:
- be used across many contexts and with a wide range of abilities and age groups
- offer greater consistency in marking by clearly defining the assessment criteria
- help students to understand what is important when completing a task
- make it easier for students to see what steps they need to take to improve their performance
With this update, teachers can add levels to their success criteria, allowing them to show students clearly what they need to do to succeed for an assignment.
At Firefly, we recognise the importance of effective and ongoing feedback in the learning process, this addition to success criteria helps to narrow the gap between instruction and assessment and assists students to better understand their learning process.
We also know that enabling teachers to collaborate and work together across their classes is important to schools. With this in mind, we’ve worked hard to develop a task co-ownership feature that will allow teachers to:
- work together on shared homework and task content
- re-use tasks across departments to share content and save time
- collaborate on homework marking and moderation
- provide access to shared tasks for Heads of Department
- allow wider access to tasks managed by NQTs and departing staff or to support cover lessons by sharing material more easily
We’ll alert you to when these are ready to use via the lightbulb on your Firefly site.
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our friendly support team on firstname.lastname@example.org or @fireflyteam on Twitter.